Sunday, September 23, 2007

Shamburgers and Fries

A friend of mine recently commented that the names for vegan food (Tofurkey, for example) drove him nuts. So, I called tonight's meal "shamburgers" just to goad him into posting a reply on the blog. Heh heh.

Actually, these burgers weren't that great--good tatse, but mushy and very hard to grill. I doubled yesterday's sausage recipe (but added some soy sauce, HP sauce, sage, and parsley), added 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs when forming the patties, and brushed with oil before grilling. I won't post the recipe until I can perfect it--the patties need more cohesion. I will take any and all suggestions.

The fries were great. Wash potatoes and cut into sticks. Toss in canola oil and bake in a 450 degree oven for 20-25 mins, turning halfway through. Sprinkle with sea salt. (I bake mine on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper--this way they don't stick and bake up nice and crisp).