Makes enough to top 8 seitan cutlets
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 2 cooking apples, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup water (plus more as needed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Saute leeks, celery, and garlic for 8-10 mins, until soft and translucent. Add squash and fry for 2 mins.
2. Add apples, raisins, water, salt and pepper, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Bring to bubling, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20-25 mins, until squash is cooked. Stir occasionaly, adding water, if needed. The chutney should be moist, but not runny.
3. Serve over a seitan cutlet, or a slice of tofu.